Saturday, February 21, 2009

Family and Faithfulness

Most of you know that Grandpa Wally went home to be with his saviour a week ago today. So I thought that today I would do a blog about the family that he left behind. We were all there for the visitation and funeral, except for two out of twenty two grandchildren! Pretty impressive! Grandpa would have been pretty proud of the group, and I can just hear him saying that we all "clean up pretty good"!
But as I looked around at all of us huddling in the freezing cold, for the military rights, I was more than happy to realize, I think, all of us will see Grandpa again some day in glory! What a legacy he has left to carry on here on earth! He was a wonderful grandpa who was fun, and firm, and very faithful! I will never forget him saying to Grandma that he thought Duchess (the dog) needed an ice cream cone, and then would pile whoever was there of the grand kids into the pickup and taking us for ice cream cones. Or him asking me every time I answered the phone, or came into church on Sunday morning, if anyone had told me they loved me today?! Which was always followed by an I love you! and a hug and kiss if you were in person. I will miss him more than I can put in words, but I know that I will see him again someday soon! And like Dad said this last week, why would we want him to come back here from where he is now... sitting at the feet of his precious Saviour!

2 comments:

  1. That is what your g'pa was to me....a faithful man. Faithful to the end. And what a heritage he has left behind. May we all be encouraged to press on in faithfulness. I think of the song, "May all who come behind us find us faithful!:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grpa would of said you all cleaned up well.
    And yes, I too love! you incase no one told you today. Our prayer is that you grandchildren will press on and be faithful like your Grpa.

    ReplyDelete