Sunday, May 2, 2010

Best mom E.V.E.R.

So this guy right here is my quiet one. Sorta. See he is a lot like his dad in that he is really quiet and not talkative at all around people he doesn't know or is a little unsure about, or not comfortable around, but get him around someone that he knows well, or is comfortable around and, well... you can't really shut him up!! He asks about forty million questions a day, and is constantly on the go! He has energy that I have no idea where it comes from, but is never ending!! The other thing you need to know about him is that his favorite food is pizza. This kid ate five regular sized pieces of pizza at his third birthday party, and hasn't slowed down since!
Thursday as we were sitting at lunch and he was on question one million three hundred ninety two, he asked me if we had any bread dough. Bread dough caught my attention and instead of just nodding at his question I actually turned around and listened!! I told him yes I thought there was some in the freezer, but why. He quickly got excited and said "so can you make stromboli for supper then?!" First of all stromboli (for those of you who don't know) is pizza wrapped in bread dough... sorta the same thing as a Calzone. Second thing, I had no idea that he knew it needed frozen bread dough! I was so impressed that I told him that I would think about it, and see if I had everything else. A little later he poked his head in the door from playing outside and asked if we were actually having stromboli. I said yeah I think we will, to which he replied "YES!! you are the best mom E.V.E.R!!! I love you so so much! ...Do you have enough to make it tomorrow too?!" Guess it is true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! ;)

1 comment:

  1. oh, that's cute!! i just love cody.....and it's definitely true that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

    ReplyDelete