Thursday, January 29, 2009

Be Content

This verse has been rattling around my head for quite some time, and I thought that I would think out loud for awhile.... sort of, I guess it is still not out loud but you get my drift! So I think that the Lord is trying to grind this verse into my heart! Let me explain just a little... we have had our house up for sale for almost two years now (will be in march) , and we have only had one nibble the whole time! Talk about FRUSTRATING!! So at first I thought that the Lord was trying to teach me MORE patience, as if three kids are not teaching me that every day! :) But I have been thinking more and more lately that the thing the Lord is really trying to teach me is contentedness... I know that isn't how you spell it, but whatever, you know what I mean!

So I finally had to sit down and look up this verse the other day so that when it kept running through my mind I would get it right! (Does anyone else do this, think of a verse and then when you look it up it isn't quite the way you remember it?! )So this is the verse; Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have, For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' " I am trying to be as content as I can. I think that it is human nature to get "bored" with our current circumstances and then to start looking at our neighbors things, possessions, houses, vehicles, and toys and think that we would be so much better off with those things. I will be very honest and tell you that my weakness is cabinets! My husband builds the most beautiful things out of wood that you can imagine, and I see these gorgeous pieces going out of the shop and in friends and families houses and am just a wee bit jealous!! I need to learn to be content with the kitchen that I do have, at least I have one!! :) And one of these days I will get a new one, but in the mean time I am going to be content with the one that I have. And I am going to keep it clean, maybe that's why I don't have one! :)

Anyway, I have rambled long enough, learn to be content girls, (and any guys who read this) I will work on it if you all do! :) Have a good night and don't forget to thank the Lord for the things that you DO have tonight; a warm bed, healthy kids, a spouse that loves you, and most of all a Saviour that loves you above all else!

No comments:

Post a Comment