Tuesday, March 24, 2009

8 Years!

Today is Jalon and I's eighth anniversary! Hard to believe that is has been eight years already, and then other days it feels like it has been 28! :) I remember the day of the wedding I woke up and prayed that it wouldn't snow... funny I woke up this morning and prayed the same thing, but for a much different reason (see the previous post)! I wanted to put a pic of us from our wedding, but I am so not technically savvy! And it was before the digital age... oh that is old! You will have to just make do with the one from around Christmas time.
It has been a wonderful eight years, and I love him even more today. I have discovered many things about him over the past years. For one he really did want kids even though he told me he didn't really know if he did before we were married. Two he is pretty much a perfectionist. He says that he has learned that I am NOT a perfectionist :) And he says that he isn't surprised by anything, he claims to have known everything about me before we got married, and I quote "and yet I still married you! It was like a little puppy, I knew you would tear the place apart but you were just SOOOO cute!" What a sweetie! ;) Anyway, it's been fun and I hope that we have many more years together! So Happy Anniversary to us! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... (its not quite midnight yet ;( ) The last couple of days have been crazy busy....I would like to watch the kids and you guys go out sometime soon. If it looks like you are gonna get stranded out there ... pack your bags and come on in! Love to have you.

    And I think you are BOTH VERY SPECIAL....perfectionist or not! (He didn't use to be one --- I think he learned it from you!) Anyway - just like cheese .....you get better with age! Love & Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It is hard to believe it's been 8 already. You guys are just great for each other and I am so thankful for you both. May the Lord give you many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, little late but what a memorable 8th, huh? Wow- we're all gonna need a vacation after this long haul but hope you guys get to do something special together when this fight is all over (and that you don't sink that new charger in the Buffalo) ;) Remember your special day very well, you were a beautiful bride. May the Lord continue to bless your marriage! Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i'm even later than Jill, but I did send you a facebook message on the day of. so happy anniversary again. a new charger? nice. hope you have many more to come (that's years of marriage, not chargers - well, and chargers too i guess)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your page is so funny, kate! such a cute feminine background and then ozzy osbourne starts playing!! haha.

    ReplyDelete