Friday, January 29, 2010

Diets, Argh!!

No I am not a pirate, but I feel a little like one when I am on a diet; rude, grumpy, a little wrinkled in general! As many of you know we have a wedding coming up in the family, for those of you who don't know, my sweet sister-in-law Julia is marring Matt in May. There is incentive, there is a need(!), and I know how.... it just stinks doing it!!

It is that quality that I don't have conquered yet, called self-control that is taking it's effect on me. My husband on the other hand seems to have no problem with this, but I struggle with it day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes minute and second by minute and second!! I will freely admit that I love food! Always have, probably always will! I have great admiration for a well cooked pork chop, roast, steak, and any potato in general, but the problem lies in the sweets for me. When I am sad I want ice cream and cookies. When I am bored I want ice cream and cookies, when I am happy I want ice cream and cookies.... you get the point! My metabolism isn't what it used to be, and after three babies and all that ice cream and cookies, neither is my waistline!

So here I go, into the part of life that is detested... a diet. I have good incentive, I know it will be well worth the effort, and I know the results will be worth every minute, but I am dragging my feet and going into this all kicking and screaming! Just wanted you all to know! :) Hope you all have a fabulous lunch... and supper... and any snacks in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment